Culross Township was surveyed in 1852, but settlement didn’t occur until 1854, just before the “big land sale” in September 1854. In 1854, when the United Townships of the County of Bruce was dissolved, the townships of Greenock and Culross remained united, with Greenock being the senior township. On January 1, 1856, the union dissolved Culross Township became an independent township.
Within the geographical boundaries of Culross Township, Teeswater incorporated as a village in 1874.
In 1998, the Township of Culross and the Village of Teeswater amalgamated to form the Township of Teeswater-Culross. The following year, Mildmay-Carrick amalgamated with Teeswater-Culross to form South Bruce, choosing Teeswater as the seat of the municipality.
Sources: “History of the County of Bruce, Volume 1” by Norman Robertson, “History of the County of Bruce, Volume 2” by Norman McLeod.