Colpoy’s Bay [of Albemarle Township] is a growing post village located on the bay from which it takes its name, on the south border. It is distant three miles north from Wiarton, and contains two saw mills, two stores, a hotel, telegraph office of the Montreal line, a blacksmith shop, grist mill, pump factory, and 75 inhabitants. Steamers ply regularly every day between this point and Owen Sound, Wiarton, Lion’s Head, and other points on the peninsula, and daily mails are also received by stage from Owen Sound, Hepworth, and Wiarton. The post office was established in 1866, and was the first one opened on the peninsula. First published in the Bruce County Gazateer and Business Directory 1880-81 published by William W. Evans.