ARMOW is a post village north of the centre [Kincardine Township], distant 10 miles from Kincardine, and contains a Methodist church, blacksmith shop, carriage shop, store, shoe shop, and 75 Inhabitants. The Town Hail is also located here. Semi-weekly mails are received. The post office was established as Reekie, about 25 years ago, and William Reekie was the first postmaster. The name was changed to Armow about 10 years ago. Alex. Gardner opened the first store, about 11 years ago. Miss Sinclair taught the first school, about 25 years ago. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.