98th Anti-Tank Battery
The 98th Anti-Tank Battery began in 1936 in Port Elgin, as a field battery in the 21st Field Brigade RCA under the command of Major Amos Howe. It was not immediately mobilized for active service when the war broke out, but this changed on July 15, 1940. The Battery trained in Petawawa and in April 1941 became a part of the 4th Regiment. The 98th Anti-Tank Battery eventually went overseas, and contributed to war efforts in multiple places including England, Belgium, Holland, and Italy.
For more photographs and information about the 98th Anti-Tank Battery, visit Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre’s Online Collections site: 98th Anti-Tank Battery, Bruce County Museum Online Collections.