The 44th Battalion (Manitoba) was created in November, 1914, and left for England in October, 1915. It disembarked in France in August, 1916, where it fought as part of the 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division in France and Flanders until the end of the war.
In August, 1918, the 44th Battalion was renamed the 44th Battalion (New Brunswick), CEF.
The battalion disbanded in September, 1920. It is perpetuated by the Royal Winnipeg Rifles.
“44th Battalion (Manitoba), CEF”. Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/44th_Battalion_(Manitoba),_CEF, accessed on June 19/2020.